That extreme growth brought COOXS to the point where they had to get serious about organisationally taking the company to the next level. Gerard: ‘Our outdoor kitchens are customised down to the smallest details. That ensures that there is a lot of data that needs to be recorded. And so it’s easy to go wrong when you have to transfer it internally. We set the bar high, want to be the Lamborghini in our sector: we serve a high segment and cannot afford sloppiness.’ Automation was the answer.
‘Our products are customised to the smallest detail, so there is a lot of data to record’
Complete process in Salesforce
COOXS got on Welisa’s trail and started automating the sales piece in Salesforce Sales Cloud: opportunities, quotations and quotation version management. At first, they additionally tried to process the technical processes in ERP, but that didn’t work out as Gerard hoped. So Welisa then also built solutions in Salesforce for purchasing, planning and project management. Now COOXS manages the entire process in Sales Cloud: from initial customer contact to delivery. ‘If the customer calls today, we know exactly what it’s about. The product may be different, but our work process is now the same for every customer. Thanks to Salesforce, our project execution is now exactly of the high quality that we – perhaps obsessively – strive for.’ There has been regular sparring with Welisa. ‘We were able to benefit from Welisa’s experience and we also closely involved our own colleagues. We really worked together as one team towards the final product.’ The involvement of one’s own team is very important, Gerard believes. ‘You can have a great tool, but then you have to use it well. All employees see Salesforce as the engine behind our company.’
Unnoticed you record a lot of data, Gerard has seen. ‘I’m glad we implemented Salesforce relatively early in our existence. Because the more you grow, the more you have to include in the development of the software. That takes a lot of time.’ COOXS is also betting on substantial growth in the coming years. Moreover, dealers abroad might be connected to Salesforce in the future. In a tight labour market, it is a godsend that many things are automated, experiences Gerard. ‘The growth we have experienced recently would not have been possible without Salesforce. We can now handle many more projects. Thanks to Salesforce, we have everything sharply on our radar.’
‘We see Salesforce as the engine behind our business’
The company COOXS
- Started developing weatherproof, luxury outdoor kitchens in 2019.
- Focuses on the high-end and aims to make every customer a fan. Raises the bar for quality and service.
- Delivers every kitchen made-to-measure, with numerous specific details.
- Experienced an unprecedented growth of 200% per year in a short time.
- Consists of a team of seven.
- With the expansion of the team, transferring and collaborating on final products became very important. The systems COOXS was using were not adequate for the amount of detailed information that needed to be processed.
- COOXS developed a growth plan for the coming years and looked at what it would take to get there. There was a need for integrated software that was future-proof and could grow with the company.
- An IT transition was necessary and COOXS wanted to get it right the first time.
‘Thanks to Salesforce, we can take on many more projects’
- Initially, Sales Cloud from Salesforce was chosen as a CRM in combination with an ERP system for the technical processes.
- Salesforce pleased, but ERP did not. Those functionalities from ERP were then custom-built in Salesforce.
- In Sales Cloud, applications are now available for purchasing, project management, planning and invoicing. Website leads also end up in Sales Cloud.
- COOXS manages the entire process in Sales Cloud: from initial customer contact to delivery.
- All COOXS employees were involved in the development and see Salesforce as the driving force behind the company.
- Thanks to Salesforce, COOXS continued to grow last year without the need for additional employees; more projects can now be kept on the radar sharply at the same time.
- Thanks to Salesforce, COOXS is in control and can provide customers with the high service and quality it wants.
- Salesforce is the foundation for COOXS for the coming years. To keep pace with company growth, COOXS still sees opportunities for further Salesforce development.
- COOXS works internationally with partners who sell outdoor kitchens abroad. In the future, COOXS also wants to give them access to the processes in Salesforce.