Two years ago, director Sander Prins and five partners launched the logistics company in Haarlem. Stores rely on them for storage, transportation, and assembly of high-end furniture. “The most complex challenge is to have a clear understanding of all business processes. Additionally, the destination and service level vary for each piece of furniture. For one, we only deliver a piece of furniture, while for another, we assemble a wardrobe on the first floor. Sometimes, a moving lift is needed,” says Sander.
‘Ordering at Ecologistiek is easier than ordering a pizza’
Simplifying order creation
Ecologistiek decided to invest in good software to streamline its processes, says Sander: “Previously, we used software that was relatively inexpensive but didn’t do what was needed. Orders were getting lost and customers were confused.” By automating the order process with Salesforce, retailers can now easily create an order through the web portal. When we present this software to new stores, we receive enthusiastic responses. Recently we even got an applause. Placing an order is easier than ordering a pizza.”
Room for more customers
The new warehouse management system in Salesforce also lightens the workload. “When a delivery arrives, we scan the barcode with the app and can easily place it in a location in the warehouse. This way, we know exactly where each package is located.” Ecologistiek is soon moving to a new facility with more storage space. Several new customers are already waiting to collaborate with Ecologistiek for the transportation of their furniture. “We want to have everything running smoothly before we take on new customers,” explains Sander. “With the move, a number of new features will also go live in the system. The orders will be automatically sent to the system we use to plan routes for the drivers. This will save time, allowing us to handle more orders.”
‘By automating our processes we can handle a lot more orders’
No more cash payments at the door
Sander and his partners have more plans. “Soon, customers will be able to add bulk orders. And we want to integrate with other software systems, enabling automatic invoicing and bank connections. Customers won’t have to pay cash at the door, and the driver will see in the app whether the payment has been made.” Sander is pleased with the smooth collaboration. “Welisa is easily accessible and delivers excellent work. Our previous software provider often told us that something couldn’t be done. Welisa surprises us by delivering new features well ahead of the deadline.”
The company Ecologistiek
- Delivers furniture in the higher-end market from its own storage facility.
- Assemble furniture at the location specified by the customer.
- Operates in an environmentally sustainable manner.
- Currently collaborates with approximately 30 stores and will have the capacity for more after moving to the new location.
- Employs average of 15 people daily
- Orders should be easy to input and accurately processed in the system.
- There must be clear visibility into the service level for each customer.
- Ecologistiek aims to have real-time insight into the warehouse at all times
- Welisa implemented an advanced order management system where customers can easily book orders and always have visibility into the current status of their orders.
- The warehouse management system provides complete insight into the warehouse and simplifies the process of booking products
- Ecologistiek’s customers are pleased with the simple and efficient method of placing orders. It saves a lot of time and frustration.
- Ecologistiek always has a clear visibility into the orders and the exact customer preferences.
- The company always has the most up to date status of the warehouse, resulting in significant time savings.
‘Welisa is easily reachable and delivers excellent work’
- With the move to a larger facility, Ecologistiek now has more physical space for additional customers as well as more time. Soon, customers will be able to input bulk orders.
- A connection between the order system and the route planner is being established, which will result in significant time savings.
- Ecologistiek plans to pursue further integrations with other software in the future, such as for invoicing and banking connections.