The right information at a glance
“We already used Salesforce, but mainly as a reporting tool to use contacts and conversation reports,” says Cherryl. “The people on my team saw it as one
obligation. I wanted the system to work for us, rather than be a burden.” Salesforce is now helping enormously to steer the ambition towards one hundred and fifty hotels in the right direction. Welisa built several new dashboards in Sales Cloud in a short time. “The hotel industry works together with clients such as leisure agencies and companies. Such a customer, for example, does one at three locations request for a room or overnight stays. Ultimately, this will continue at one location. InSalesforce that was rather than three opportunities, which of course is not the case. There is now a solution for that.’ With good data, Cherryl can also manage output much better. “I can now see exactly what the conversion is per employee, and what opportunities there are for each customer. If the management asks what is in the pipeline is per hotel, or per region, I don’t have to run endless different reports. That can now be seen at a glance. Many manual actions are automated we will grow without having to hire extra sales people.’
‘We can now manage output much better’
Sustainable use of space in the cloud
Due to the expansions in Sales Cloud, workflows have also become clearer. And Cherryl sees many more possibilities. “I think it is very important that we have one way of storing documents, in just one place that everyone can access. Documents are stored in many different places. This results in a lot of pollution and unnecessary CO2 emissions. That is why we now want to link Salesforce and our other systems to Sharepoint. Then we only have to send links internally.’ Furthermore, the sales employees now still make contracts in a template in Word, and then send them from Outlook. “Soon we want to do all that in Salesforce.” Odyssey is happy to continue working with Welisa, Cherryl concludes. ‘As far as I am concerned, technology offers endless possibilities and I also see that way of thinking at Welisa. Moreover, the lines are short and there is speed. That works very well together.”
The company Odyssey Hotel Group
- Operates several hotel brands on a franchise basis, including Marriott and IHG.
- Has 21 operational hotels in 5 European countries.
- Aims to have 150 hotels in operation by 2026.
- Has 545 employees.
‘Welisa thinks like us: technically everything is possible’
- The great growth ambitions call for professionalization.
- Salesforce was mainly used as a reporting tool to deploy contacts and conversation reports. Odyssey wants to be able to steer more on output with Salesforce.
- Salesforce is perceived as a burden, but should actually take work off your hands by automating more processes.
- Odyssey strives for a uniform workflow.
“Thanks to an unambiguous workflow, we can continue to grow without needing extra people”
- Welisa built various dashboards in Salesforce Sales Cloud. This allows clear reports to be made with the available data.
- Sales Cloud provides insight into which orders are in the pipeline, both per hotel and per sales employee.
- Many processes are automated, so fewer manual actions are required.
- The workflows are unambiguous. More work can be done within two weeks after going live thanks to clear and automated processes.
- It is easier to manage output, because it is clear how much time is put into a customer and what it yields.
- Sales employees know exactly which customers need to take action on.
- The entire sales team now works in the same way and stores files in one central place for everyone to access. This saves time and CO2 emissions due to less load on data centers.
- Odyssey is ready to grow thanks to the new capabilities in Salesforce, without the company having to hire new sales managers.
- Even when Odyssey takes over a complete hotel chain, this is not a problem: expansion of the sales team can be done easily now that the work processes are clear.
- Odyssey has even more plans to make Salesforce work for itself. For example, by being able to create contracts in Salesforce.