In order to be able to clean an oil or gas well at a depth of thousands of meters, StimStixx designed a tool that goes into the well on a cable and is activated in exactly the right place. Upon activation, a vapor of hydrochloric acid or a combination of hydrochloric acid and hydrogen fluoride is released. This stimulation uses less than 10% hydrochloric acid over traditional methods. In addition, the oil or gas well can be put back into production immediately. StimStixx has a worldwide patent on this tool and the chemical mix it uses. Jan Frieling works from the Netherlands as Global Business Development Manager. His focus is on Europe, the Middle East, and Asia.
Everyone has their own notes
Jan: ‘When I started working for StimStixx, it soon became apparent that colleagues were working with their own Excel sheets and notes. Everyone had their own actions. We could not tell who discussed what with a customer or which proposals had been made.’ Although it is only a small team, Jan quickly knew that this method was not tenable. He had experience with Salesforce from a previous company. “At the time, I did a lot of research and couldn’t find a CRM system that had the same capabilities. So we chose Salesforce. When I asked Salesforce about a third party for the implementation, I ended up at Welisa.’
‘Together with Welisa, I made a plan for the functionalities we need in Salesforce. We have discussed and tested a lot. Welisa took my questions well. For the investment, I really wanted something good and I succeeded. Anyone who uses Salesforce will see the benefits. It is even said: shouldn’t we have done that sooner? I’m very happy with how Salesforce is running now. Colleagues still need to get it into their daily workflow, but it’s a really helpful program. We have clear insight into all customer contacts, proposals, and agreements. That saves us a lot of time on internal consultations.’
“Salesforce offers us clear insight into all customer contacts, proposals, and agreements. That saves us a lot of time on internal consultations.”
The company StimStixx
- Holds a worldwide patent on their unique solution for cleaning oil and gas wells: matrix acidizing
- The tool is brought into the pit on a cable, Electric Wireline, Slickline or Slick-E-Line, to depths ranging from 500 meters to more than 5000 meters
- After activating the tool, hot acid vapor of 200-300 degrees Celsius is released, in exactly the right place
- The treatment lasts between 15 and 20 minutes
- The well can be taken back into production immediately
- The cost of this method is a fraction of the cost of traditional methods
- Clear insight into the customer base
- Overview in existing quotes
- Clear communication with customers
- Easy to maintain customer contact
- In order to be able to properly manage contacts with customers, the CRM of Salesforce was implemented.
- All customers can be found clearly in Salesforce.
- The status of every customer is visible and the file can easily be viewed during contact.
- Tasks can be prioritized.
- Questions from customers come in via Salesforce and can also be answered there.
- In Salesforce, StimStixx can easily register the issued licenses.
“We work in each country with distributors who know the local market. It is very important that everyone has access to up-to-date information. That is why we are building a knowledge base in Salesforce.”
- Clear insight into the customer base and prospects.
- Time savings because less consultation is required between colleagues on a daily basis.
- The fortnightly sales meeting q43 much more efficient because statuses are already clear in Salesforce. This allows StimStixx to focus on the content.
- Clear overview of issued licenses.
- StimStixx wants to attract dealers worldwide who sell licenses for the tool. A dealer portal is desirable for this in the long term.