Effective lead process
“We worked with the Exact Online ERP system and also recorded the sales process in it,” says Thomas. “As we grew, that gave us limitations. Looking for a CRM system, we came across Salesforce because it is a standard product that you can adapt to your own wishes.’ VertiDrive now uses Sales Cloud and Pardot for marketing automation. Thanks to Pardot, interested parties are in the picture early on. ‘If someone fills in a form or downloads a white paper via the website, it will be sent to Salesforce via Pardot. This person is scored based on what he has done and what his role is within the organization. Did anyone download anything or just watch for two seconds? Is someone an intern or director? Based on that information, our sales people can pick up the leads much more effectively. As a result, we see the opportunities becoming more valuable and increasing.”
‘Salesforce gives us a lot of insight into the customer and we save time thanks to fewer administrative actions.’
Focus on contracts
Before VertiDrive issues a quote, a lot of information is needed. ‘We want to know what the need is, what project and budget it concerns. All variables must be checked and entered. This way we can create a good business case.’ When VertiDrive then sells a robot (asset), this is recorded in Sales Cloud. An important process, because contracts are also attached to it. Thomas: “Until recently, we had no idea who had bought which robot. They are also sometimes lent and rented out, while it is important for us to know who uses the robot. It is not a children’s toy and we therefore always sell mandatory training and certification. Thanks to all the information in Sales Cloud, we can now monitor this properly.’ Finally, there is an integration with Exact Online in Salesforce. When a quotation is converted into an order, all customer data automatically ends up in Exact, which saves a lot of administrative work. Thomas now wants to further expand the supervision of the quality and maintenance of the robots sold with the Service Cloud. “We are ready for the future.”
Company culture match
VertiDrive is happy with Welisa as an implementation partner. “It felt like Welisa understands what we encounter and what we need right from the beginning. We have complex customer processes at VertiDrive, but we know we are also very similar to other companies. We wanted to learn from how other companies work. It is very valuable to us that Welisa can share their experiences that they have with other customers that are lik us. We can discuss everything.’ In addition, Thomas likes Welisa’s way of communicating. ”We are here in the port of Rotterdam, we are very direct. If we don’t like it, we’ll say so. And vice versa, Welisa does the same. I like this down to earth way of communication.”
‘We are ready for the future and would like to expand quickly.’
The company VertiDrive
- Makes robotic vehicles that can move in all directions on a steel surface thanks to wheels and magnetic holding force. The machines are suitable for industrial cleaning under high pressure, and for applications such as grit blasting, camera recording, lasering and painting.
- Was founded in 2008 in a garage and now supplies robots worldwide in, among other things, the maritime sector, operating from the port of Rotterdam.
- Sells about 50 robots every year. The ambition is to grow to 300 robots per year.
- VertiDrive used Exact Online for the financial part and also recorded the sales process. As the company grew, this method was no longer sufficient and the company looked for another CRM system.
‘We had a good click with Welisa from the start. They understood exactly what we needed.’
- VertiDrive choose Salesforce because it is a proven, good standard solution that you can adapt to your own wishes.
- Within Salesforce, VertiDrive now uses the Sales Cloud for the sales process and Pardot for marketing automation. An integration has also been made with Exact Online.
- Thanks to Pardot, VertiDrive has better insight into leads and opportunities. The sellers can use their time more effectively.
- Sales Cloud ensures that the customer has a good picture: the assets and contracts can all be found. This way VertiDrive knows exactly who has bought which robot and whether the training courses have been given.
- There is no need to do double data entry anymore, because all customer data from Salesforce automatically transfers to Exact Online when the quotation is converted into an order. That saves time.
- VertiDrive wants to roll out Salesforce further. For example with the Service Cloud, where customers can log in and, for example, order broken parts via a web shop.